Foundation stains can be difficult to remove with water because they are oily. To remove foundation stains, you can use baking soda or shaving cream.
You can use baking soda and hairspray to quickly remove lipstick stains from your blouse. White clothes can be washed with soap.
Before you remove the stain, let the mascara dry. Next, use a spoon to scrape away any remaining residue. After that, spray some pre-wash solution on the stain.
This thing always happens with women. Just as we’re about to put on our makeup, we realize that we haven’t changed our clothes yet. No matter how careful we try to pull the sweater up over our heads, there will always be foundation stains or mascara.
Now what? What can I do to remove makeup stains? What home remedies are available and what should I do with different fabrics?
We explain how to remove makeup stains in our guide. You will learn which home remedies can be used to remove mascara or lipstick. We have also given tips and tricks to help you avoid makeup stains.
Remove foundation stains
Statistics show that about 25% of women aged 14 and older use makeup, blush, or powder every day. It’s no surprise that foundation sticks to the edges of sweaters and T-shirts. This happens when we place a piece of clothing on top of our heads and make-up hasn’t dried completely. It can also happen because of unclean makeup at the transitions between the neck and the face. Often, blouses or turtlenecks will streak the make-up.
These stains can’t be removed with just water. However, foundation stains that contain oil can be easily removed with the right home remedies.
Shaving cream is a miracle worker in removing makeup stains. Apply shaving cream to the area. Apply the shaving foam to the affected area, massage it a bit and let it sit for a while before washing off with cold water.
Baking soda can be used to remove the brown edges of the garment. Apply some baking soda to the stain. You can use a soft brush to apply the soda depending on how sensitive the material is. Baking powder will take away the oil stain. After approximately an hour, the oil will be gone. You can then wash the garment as usual in the washer.
Tip: Most cleaning products can also be used to remove make-up because they contain grease-removing surfactants.
Tip: Get rid of any make-up stains on the carpet
To remove oily stains from carpets, you can use gall soap. Apply the soap to the carpet, then let it dry. Finally, use a soft cloth to wipe the soap off.
Lipsticks that aren’t waterproof often stain. These stains can be very stubborn. In most cases, hairspray helps. It is easy to remove the stain without washing. Spray the stain with a sprayer and let it sit for around 15 minutes. Use a soft brush such as a toothbrush to scrub the lipstick stain until it is gone.
Bread is another home remedy that can be used to remove lipstick. You can simply rub the bread gently on the stain.
This method is not recommended for white clothing. The stain will fade but not completely disappear.
White clothes can be treated with bile soap. You can do this by dampening the fabric and applying a small amount of gall soap to it. Use a soft brush or cloth to rub the soap into the fibers. Let it sit for a while, then rinse off with water.
Simply blow the powder away
Loose powder is much easier to remove than liquid foundation. If the powder falls onto your top while you apply, it’s best to not try to clean it off. This is where it gets complicated, as you will need to rub the fine particles into your fabric.
Instead of smudging your clothes, blow the powder out with a hairdryer.
Remove mascara from textiles
It’s especially annoying when mascara gets on clothes since it is made of wax. Other tools are needed because the wax can’t mix with water. To prevent black stains from spreading further, wait until they dry completely.
You can then use a spoon to scrape the dry particles off. The remaining stains can be removed with soap or pre-washing spray. Next, wash as usual in the washer.
You must be careful with sensitive materials like silk, wool, and polyester, unlike cotton. If in doubt, consult a professional.
Avoid make-up stains
You will need stain remover if you want to get rid of makeup stains. Stain removal can be tedious and time-consuming. There are several ways to prevent this from happening.
Get rid of make-up stains from clothes
The powder is often used as a top-makeup layer. You should check to see if the stain is wet or dry in nature before you apply it. You should not touch blush or powdery makeup. Avoid touching the area where the stain is located. Even the slightest pressure can cause it to spread further into the fabric. If the stain has gotten wet, take off the clothing.
Follow these steps to remove powdery makeup from a white blouse, or light jacket collar:
- Take off the affected clothing and place it parallel to the ground with the stains facing downwards.
- Next, you will need to tap the powder stains from the inside with your hand until all the particles are gone.
- Switch on your hairdryer to cold air. Make sure it is as powerful as you can.
- Use the hair dryer to remove any remaining powder.
This method works only with cold air. The color particles penetrate deeper into tissue when heated.
A fat-dissolving detergent can be used to get rid of stains that have been applied to clothing.
- Use pure detergent to clean makeup stains.
- Let the detergent soak in
- Then wash the garment by hand at 30° or in the washer.
Avoid using a higher temperature to wash your fabric. Otherwise, you risk dirt getting stuck.
Wash Make-up stains removed
Most make-up products don’t dissolve in water so you can remove them easily without washing. To be successful, it is important to examine the area that has been stained more closely.
You can use alcohol to remove lipsticks or foundation stains
- Put pure alcohol from the pharmacy onto a piece of cotton or microfiber cloth to do this.
- Apply the stain to your skin until it disappears.
- Avoid rubbing the stain as it could cause it to penetrate further into the fabric.
- Both fresh and dried makeup stains can be treated with alcohol. Before using the home remedy, make sure you test it on an inconspicuous place.
Even powder stains can easily be removed from clothes without washing.
- Take off the garment and hold it horizontally, with the stains facing upwards.
- Use a pair of clean nylon tights to remove the powder.
- Don’t press down on the pantyhose. Use a light brush to remove any stains and let the pants absorb the color particles.
Get rid of makeup stains from your carpet
It is common for makeup to fail when you are trying to do things quickly. This can lead to not only a beautifully painted face but also stained carpets or sofas. You should immediately act if you see the stains.
You can wash textiles that are not washable if you have used makeup, blush, or eyeshadow.
- The vacuum cleaner should be set to the highest setting.
- Remove the attachment
- Place the tube over the stain.
- As much of the powder as possible should be vacuumed.
- Stick an adhesive strip to any stain to remove any powdery residue from your sofa or carpet.
- Then, press the strip gently.
- Then, pull it off with an insistent tug.
Soap can be used to clean up liquids on your couch or carpet.
- Apply liquid bile soap directly to the stained areas.
- Let the household remedy soak in, and then
- Use a dry, clean towel to remove the fabric.
- Gall soap can be used to make both dried and fresh foundation.
- The all-round cleaning power can also be used to clean wool. This means that it can remove stains from expensive oriental carpets. Before you use the home remedy, make sure it is tested on an inaccessible area.
You will find many other home remedies for removing makeup stains, both dry and wet.
Here are some ways to prevent makeup stains.
- Before you apply makeup, change your clothes.
- When applying makeup, cover your clothes.
- Do not apply makeup below your chin.
- Apply makeup with a sponge or brush.
- Powder your foundation.
- Use cosmetic wipes to remove unsightly edges of makeup.
- Tops should not touch your neck or chin.
How to Remove Makeup Stains at Home Using Homemade Remedy
For removing stains from fresh or dried makeup, alcohol is a good choice. Apply the home remedy to a cotton cloth and rub the affected areas until the stain disappears. Alcohol can be used on both light and dark clothing, as well as on carpets or sofas. It is recommended that you test the cleaning fluid on an inconspicuous spot before applying it to your carpet or sofa.
Baking soda can be used to remove make-up from white blouses or jackets that are light-colored. Apply enough baking soda to the dirt until it is fully covered. Use a moistened cotton cloth to gently rub the baking soda in. Let it sit for a few minutes. Turn the garment inside-out and rinse under cold water. Then wash the blouse in the washer.
Baby powder can be used to remove liquid make-up and foundation from wool. Apply baby powder to the stained areas. Let the powder sit for 30 minutes by pressing it with your fingertip. Next, tap the baby powder from the wool with your fingertip and vacuum it up using a table vacuum cleaner at the lowest setting.
To remove blush or face powder from clothes, a hairdryer can be used. Set the hairdryer to cool air. Then, place the stained garment horizontally on a flat surface and use the hairdryer to blow the powder away.
Soap is a versatile cleaner when it comes to cleaning. It can be used for wool as well as viscose, polyester, cotton, and cotton. It can also be used to remove fresh and dried stains. It can also be used to clean the sofa or carpet.
- Just apply the liquid soap to the dirt.
- Let the home remedy take root
- Then, use a clean, lint free paper towel to wipe it off.
- Dry mascara can be washed in soap for 15 minutes. Then wash the garment at 30°C in the washer.
Avoid using facial toner on delicate fabrics like cotton and polyester. Apply the facial tonic to a cotton cloth to remove lipstick, foundation, or liquid makeup. To avoid the color from getting into the tissue, don’t rub it.
Hairspray is the ideal home remedy to remove lipstick from clothing. Apply hairspray to lipstick stains from approximately 20 inches away. Then, gently brush them with a toothbrush.
Cover any powder residue left on your couch or carpet after vacuuming with an adhesive strip. The adhesive strip can be lightly pressed and pulled off using a jerk.
You should not treat mascara stains immediately. Wait until your eye makeup is dry completely before gently remove the mascara using a spoon. At 30 degrees, the washing machine will take care of the rest.
With the help of nylon tights, powder stains can easily be removed from clothing. You can do this by placing the stained garment parallel to the ground with the stains facing up and then gently brushing the nylon pants over it. Do not press the pantyhose, as they will absorb the powder and then release it from your clothing.
You can remove liquid make-up and foundation from clothes without washing them with shaving foam. Spray the stain with the foam and massage it gently with your fingertip. Wait a while. Rinse the home remedy with cold water.
You can save time by using a cloth to clean up stains. The cloth can be gently rubbed over the stains to remove them.
Before using methylated spirits, always test it on an inconspicuous part of the fabric. Apply pure spirit to a cotton cloth, and then gently rub it on the lipstick or foundation stains. Continue to rub until the area is dry.